Friday, July 10, 2009

Grace

I am sitting in Java House, one of the most "American" places in East Africa.  While enjoying my french fries and guacamole I am humbled to be here.  

I know many of you have been praying, and we are all SO INCREDIBLY thankful for your prayers.  They are felt.  There have been difficult parts to our journey, but we know that potential roadblocks have been lifted because of your prayers.  One thing I am incredibly thankful for is the prayers for health.  In the two weeks before leaving for Kenya I had 4 migraines, more than I had had in the last two years combined.  Thanks to Dr. Bloom I have an arsenal of medicine, and have only had to use it twice, and both times the relief was quick.  Our travels in and around Nairobi have been smooth, aside from one minor run-in with the police...but again God got us through.  Our travels to the bush have been uneventful, most often one of us falling asleep in the 4 hour journey.  

That being said, the week has still been a challenging one, and it is not over.  We came into Nairobi yesterday afternoon for some meetings, and are heading back out to the bush for the day tomorrow.  Please continue to pray for us as we continue to discern how God would use us to bring the light of Christ and His freedom to the community of Kamonong (Cheppema.)  

No comments: