Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Miss Fancy-pants...


Sunday morning before we headed back to Raleigh we decided to take a short hike to see the wild ponies.  While on the Appalachian trail we ran into a few people, one of which will forever be a part of my memory...she calls herself...Fancy-pants.

While we were watching the wild ponies Fancy-pants came upon us.  She was carrying her pack with all of her supplies, her bedroll, clothes food etc.  She was getting an early start to the day, and had completed 2 miles already.

I was amazed as I listened to her talk about her adventure.  She mentioned she "only had 8 more miles to go today," that "she started a short while back in Georgia," that she enjoyed hiking this trail on her own as it gave her a lot of time to think," that she "had to take a day off from hiking to recover, but other than that she has hiked every single day since she started," that she "meets a lot of interesting people," and "that she has plans to hike the Appalachian trail up to Pennsylvania."

Georgia to Pennsylvania people.  

As if that wasn't amazing enough.  Miss Fancy-pants finally shared with us her age.  Miss Hike-by-myself from Georgia to Pennsylvania just because it sounds fun, I can, and I will meet interesting people is...drumroll please....65 years old.

Thanks Miss Fancy-pants for giving me a good reason to work out every day even though I hate every last minute of it.

1 comment:

Brazenlilly said...

OK, that is really cool. What an amazing impact one person can make! AWESEOME name, too.