Saturday, April 04, 2009

In a New York Minute...

Everything can change.

We all went to bed last night planning to wake up and meet up at church at 3am for our carpool to the airport.  Our plans were to depart Raleigh Durham Airport at 6am this morning, head to New York City JFK then on to Port au Prince.

That is, until my phone rang at midnight, with the lovely sound of the automated system letting us know that our 6am flight was delayed and would now take off at 10:30am, an hour after our connection in NYC.  

For a bit, we thought our trip was toast, I was agonizing over having to tell these awesome students that our trip was cancelled, cause you know it is Spring Break, getting 13 seats on a plane is IMPOSSIBLE.

But nothing is impossible with God.  

After many phone calls, and an awesome customer service representative, after being told there was no way we could get our entire team there before Thursday, we somehow managed to be in a position where we could 10 there sunday and 3 monday, and then, out of the blue we had 13 seats on Sunday!  Even the service representative said it was a miracle.

So our team was a little bummed this morning when we met at the church and I informed them of our 24 hour layover in Raleigh, but we are making the best of it.  We are sticking together as a team, and will have some adventures around town, and try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for praying, keep it up.  

3 comments:

Gwenn Mangine said...

OH NO! I AM SO SORRY!

Pye's In Haiti said...

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow! Awesome things are going to happen this week!

nanajobx said...

I was just on the phone with one of my team members praying for you guys. I am so sorry cause I know how bummed you must be and I am so glad that our God makes provision!