Saturday, March 28, 2009

I miss these guys...

I love what I do, and I love living in Cary, NC.  And I am SO proud of my big brother and his Navy career.  The downfall of what we both do is that we will pretty much never live in the same town, or State really.  And we are both pretty stubborn and sure we are where we should be, so I don't anticipate any changes in this current dilemma.

A few weeks ago the McKerring's met up in Charleston, SC for a family reunion, the first one in 19 years!  I still don't think Charleston knows what hit them, and I assume they are still recovering.  I was reminded that weekend how awesome a gift it is that my brother and I are friends, and his wife...well she deserves her own post because she is truly amazing.  In her I have gained a sister and a friend, and well, let's put it this way, spending 5 days with them reminds me of how great they are, and 2 weeks later I am reminded of how far away they live.  I miss them.  


2 comments:

Pye's In Haiti said...

So, are you guys Irish or something? Just a guess...

Joey Hansen said...

Okay, your nephew is stinkin' adorable! Such a sweet little smile... if you ever need a "nephew fix" you can come over and pretend that Westin is your nephew.