Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dreams

Erwin McManus is the lead Pastor of Mosaic church in California.  This past week I was listening to a podcast from back in November and God stopped me in my tracks.

This past week I reached a new point of frustration with one of my projects.  An all time high in the realms of frustration.  I was angry, annoyed, discouraged, bitter, and well it wasn't pretty.   I was ready to throw my hands up in the air and walk away.  Although I knew deep in my heart that it wasn't the best decision, just the easiest, but in fact, it really isn't the easiest.  I know I am not making sense.  

And so I am driving the 50 minutes from Burlington back to Cary, I was reminded of the dream. The dream that was dreamed even before I arrived at Crosspointe, and the one that captured me when I started here.  A dream of connecting resources, and people to a place that needed those resources and people.  A dream of empowering people in both lands to go places they never even considered, both physically and spiritually.  A dream of God using both of us to teach each other and make His presence more widely known throughout the earth.

I was reminded of the dream.  And the attitude towards this project shifted.  The attitude this week was one of defeat.  I was ready to wave the flag of surrender.  When I was reminded of the dream, my attitude became one of triumph and determination.  Instead of walking away, my response to the challenges in front of our dreams are more like those of a stubborn three year old who firmly places her feet in the ground, looks you square in the eye and says, "I am not afraid of you."

So watch out land I love.  Watch out points of frustration.  I am not afraid of you.  I am not ready to wave that white flag of surrender yet.  I still have some fight left.

No comments: