Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm being followed....

I spent the weekend in Michigan where 12 inches of snow fell.  I already grumbled about that. Well this is the view from my apartment in Cary this morning.  So far we have 3 inches of snow and the city is paralyzed!  It cracks me up.  In Michigan, with 12 inches, people were still out driving, churches were meeting, schools might have been delayed, but from previous experience I doubt they would have been cancelled.



But in Cary, people get nervous at the mention of snow, and in fact, last night, before a snow flake fell, when the temperature was about 40 degrees, schools were closing.  It really cracks me up.  The hype, is classic as we are warned to not drive but rather to stay in. 

That doesn't mean I won't take advantage.  I will work from home and watch the inauguration with the fireplace on and hot chocolate in hand.  And since I don't have anywhere to be, I will say, let it snow...the kids are lovin' it!

2 comments:

Anna said...

They really mean it when they tell you to stay inside. I have heard many stories of North Carolineans becoming paralyzed with fear on the highway at the sight of snowflakes, and several-hour traffic jams resulting from 1/2 inch of snow. You definitely don't want to be stuck on the road with hundreds of people who don't know how to drive in the snow. :)

Chelsea said...

Haha - the only bad thing about this snow is the DELAY on our exams! Argh!