Saturday, January 03, 2009

Home again home again jiggity-jig

I arrived back in Raleigh last night.  I had a blast with Matt, Jennifer, Connor and their friends.  I will go on record saying that Connor is the most adorable guy on the planet, even when he is sick!  The little dude had a terrible cold and was still smiley and full of laughs and chatter.  I had a lot of fun being aunt Pam, and find myself amazed by how much I love that little guy.  

And I will say again, I feel so incredibly blessed that my brother and his wife are not just "relatives" but that we are friends.  I am thankful that we can talk about anything, enjoy each others' company, or lounge without pressure of being something we are not.

As you can tell, my week of fun and "rest" has me on the wrong time schedule, completely.  I am wide awake at 1:30am.  That won't jive so well come Sunday when I get back to the grind.

To humor you and maybe induce some sleep...a list I borrowed from a friend:

1.  What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?  Went to Haiti.
2.  Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make some for next year?  I traditionally don't make resolutions, but I have decided that this year will be all about health.  I am getting unhealthy.
3.  Did anyone close to you give birth?  Duh...Connor is here!
4.  What Countries did you visit?  Tanzania, Kenya, London Airport (which doesn't count) and Haiti.
5.  Did anyone close to you die?  My cousin died a few months back.
6.  What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?  A rhythm.
7.  What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?  Feb 6.  The day I left Tanzania.
8.  What was your biggest achievement for the year? um.  I don't know.
9.  What was your biggest failure?  A few broken relationships still need work.  I have neglected them.
10.  Did you suffer illness or injury?  The Celiacs-non-celiacs diagnosis.
11.  What was the best thing you bought?  The Thanksgiving memory book.
12.  Where did most of your money go?  Sadly...I don't know.  I will know this year though.
13.  What did you get really, really, really excited about?  Connor.  New ministry.  Living in the same country as my family.
14.  What song will always remind you of 2008?  I haven't a clue.
15.  What do you wish you had done more of?  Hiking and camping.
16.  Which do you wish you had done less of?  Complaining.
17.  How did you spend Christmas?  With my brother.
18.  What was your favorite TV program?  The Office.  
19. What was the best book you read?  The Kite Runner.  Sold.  
20.  What did you do on your birthday?  I flew on a plane.
21.  What kept you sane?  Grace.
22.  Who did you miss?  Tedi.  Mama Diwani.  Mary.  William.
23.  What do you hope for this year?  Restored relationships.  New Traditions to take root.
24.  What do you fear for this year?  Being the same person I was last year.
25.  What do you look forward to this year?  More opportunities to help change lives around the world.

No comments: