Monday, December 22, 2008

Weakness

I was much better at this two weeks ago when life wasn't all crazy.  The last several days have been jam-packed with serving at the rescue mission, staying with kids of friends, Christmas Eve prep, and prep for my trip to Texas on Christmas day.

And I must be honest, these gift posts are getting harder and harder. Not because of lack of gifts, but mostly be I am lacking creativity in these days that start at sunrise and end around now...midnight.

Today's gift is weakness.  Or actually that was yesterdays gift that never got posted or written!  I am often reminded of how weakness is a gift in that it helps to create a dependency upon others.  In my weakness I learn to ask for help, from friends, family, and God.  If I possessed all of the strength I needed for each day I most likely would not use any of the many blessings that come about in my weakness.  

In my weakness, I learn of the strengths of others.
In my weakness, I learn of the strength of God.
In my weakness, I get a glimpse of the community Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 11-13, one that is interdependent on each other and fully dependent upon the strength of God.


No comments: