Thursday, December 18, 2008

Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Yet, it seems like we are all lacking peace.  I wrote about this gift last saturday, and it has plagued me all day today.  

In the last several weeks I have heard countless stories of families losing loved ones, others being abused, others causing the abuse, surgery, illness, accidents, violence, you name it, and my heart grieves and had started to become weighed down by these things.  All things that don't necessarily correlate with peace.  The ickyness of the world seems more and more icky these days.

I am reminded that I am so incredibly thankful for a God who is also known as the Prince of Peace, who is the source of that peace that surpasses all explanation and understanding.

We need Him.  We need the Peace He offers.

No comments: