Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The gift of emotions...A heart of flesh

I have never been really good at expressing my feelings... or my emotions until they become too much, or too overwhelming.  I have often associated expressing tears or emotions as an expression of weakness... which lead to SO many other problems in life.  

Until I read the following verses and realized it was not weakness, but how God created us:

Ezekiel 11:19
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; and I will remove from them their heart of stone and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.  

Ezekiel 36:26
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

And just look at the writings of the man after God's heart:

Psalm 4:1
Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Psalm 5:1-2
Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.  Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

Psalm 9:1
I will praise you O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

And what about the example of Jesus.


I am learning more and more, that the God who so dearly loves us, gave us the gift of emotion.  Sometimes I don't like it all that much, but I am learning that even those icky emotions are something to be treasured.  It is such a gift to feel, and I am learning more about it each day as I refuse to become numb to the situations and experiences around me.  






No comments: