Monday, December 01, 2008

The Breath of Life

It is the time of year, when most of life revolves around a gift, so I thought I would take a different perspective on this blog. Instead of focusing on gifts I am giving, receiving or wanting, I thought we could spend the next 31 days reflecting on the gifts we have received.  

After this weekend, there is one gift that I am fully reminded of this evening.  The Breath of Life.  In a matter of moments this weekend our entire family was reminded of how fragile life is.  One moment we were laughing with grandma and the next we were standing over her bedin the emergency room wondering what the future would look like for her.  Thankfully grandma seems to have made a full recovery, but it reminded me of this gift we have been given...the breath of life.

The story of creation is told in the book of Genesis.  In chapter two the most amazing words are written:  from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

I am in awe of this passage, and I am made to sit in silence when I think about the fact, that God gave us all His breath of life and continues to do so each day.  I am so thankful for the Breath of life, and I don't want to consider what the world would be like without it.


No comments: