Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And then there were 13!

I have written in previous posts about my brother and I starting some new traditions this year.  Thanksgiving at my house, and Christmas at his.  I was so excited about having people come to me that I started planning the menu weeks ago...and I have to admit, the excitement was also accompanied by stress because I was going to be out of town the two weekends before Thanksgiving.

Anyhow, up until today, there were going to be 6 adults and 1 infant.  Very managable.  Last night I finished up the grocery shopping, the fridge has more food in it than it ever has, and tonight was reserved for prep (pie making, vegetable cutting etc.) and apt cleaning.

And I cannot stress enough how excited I was to host!

This afternoon brought more excitement.  I found out that my friends Stephen and C.C. had a change of plans, and I got so excited I told them that they just had to come over!  I was so excited when they agreed.  Add two adults and 2 kiddos.

A couple of hours later I am chopping carrots and I get a phone call.  It is my cousin Trish up in D.C.  Several weeks ago she didn't think she could make it, but tonight she was calling to say she could and wondered if she was still able!  Of course!  Add one adult and one toddler.

Some might stress, I got more excited.  The "family" Thanksgiving is taking shape, and in 48 hours hopefully there will be 9 stuffed adults and 4 kiddos laughing in my little 2 bedroom apartment!

It can't get much better than this!

No comments: