Thursday, October 16, 2008

Grumpy-pants

My mom always said it wasn't nice to call people mean names.  But I am afraid I deserve the title this week.

It is part of the adjustment, but it isn't fair to everyone else.  I have been the Queen Grumpy-pants since sunday.

It is hard to explain, but I will try.  I have several questions swirling in my brain:
1.  Why did I have to leave Africa (both this time and a year ago?)
2.  Why do we so often think that Christianity is about us/me when it really isn't...or so I am coming to believe.
3.  How do I wrestle with the fact that I live in the wealthiest nation in the world, when much of the world lives in extreme poverty?
4.  How do I respond to the impoverished?
5.  What is my role in teaching people at Crosspointe and around the world of our responsibility to love others?
6.  How long Lord?  How long will it take for the great chasm between the rich and the poor will be but a small crack in the sidewalk?
7.  What now?

And I don't mean to be grumpy, but I take each of those questions very seriously so in fact, I am not angry or upset with anyone, instead I am deep in thought, asking the God of the universe for His plan, His ideas, His solutions... His answers to the questions.

No comments: