Monday, September 15, 2008

What if God said...

"I have a plan.  It doesn't make sense, but I am going to do things you can't fathom.  I want you to go to someplace you have never been and after you get there, you and your people will be enslaved for hundreds of years, and people will be cruel, and hateful in ways that you could not imagine, and you will also experience famine, and hardship, but I will eventually punish those who enslave you, and your descendants will go away with great possessions."

Would you go?

3 comments:

EMB* said...

I'd love to sound all "holier than thou" and say that I'd tough it out and just go - no questions asked, but I'm way too selfish for that. I can't see myself just saying - "SURE! Sign me up - famine, hardship, cruelty, SWEET!" I know that it would take a SERIOUS act of God to "MAKE" me go...

Anonymous said...

yep

patingamon said...

OK, I am just checking - God didn't give you this message about our Kenya trip next week did He?