Friday, September 26, 2008

What a difference a year makes!


A year ago I wrote this post about my day in the slums of Kibera with a mission team of Crosspointe Church who was serving in Cheppema and visiting Special Ministries.

I was mostly there because a good friend of mine was on that team, and we all know that when you live on the other side of the world you will do just about anything to see a good friend, and after having the car accident, the court appearances, the conviction and so much more, I was eager to take the 5 1/2 hour African bus-ride to meet up with them.  To put it lightly I needed the encouragement.

Little did I know when I met up with my old friend that he would become my boss, or that when I met this guy who has a similar heart for Africa that I would be boarding a plane with him and a group to Kenya, or that when I met this amazing woman that I would have the pleasure of learning from her incredible example on a daily basis and working at the most incredible church I have ever encountered.  Little did I know, when I met this small group of leaders from Crosspointe church, that I would become one of them.



4 comments:

EMB* said...

Not sure if I'm just feeling sappy because I didn't get enough sleep last night or what... but that just brought tears to my eyes! I'm SOOOO glad you are here, Pam! And even more happy that I get to call you friend!
xoxoxoxo, E*

Brian Williams said...

We are so glad God and you saw fit to come to NC.

Have a great trip. We will be praying for your conversations and heart...

andrea said...

I love how God works...and I'm so glad He chose us to be the place for you to take your life and ministry to the next level!
Love you girl!
Miss you already....and it's only day 3...sheesh.

Nathan, Amanda, Violet and Anara said...

Weird - I was just reading about Kiberia in Englewood's October newsletter - guess I should be praying...
Hope your trip is amazing.