Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ghosts, Goblins, Jesus and Santa...

I went to Lowe's today.  I wanted to get casters to put on the legs of my desk.  I walked and was greeted by a ghost, then a phantom of the opera like blow up ornament, then a Christmas tree, a Nativity and of course a blow up Santa for your front yard....

Am I wrong, or does it feel incredibly out of place and early to have Christmas stuff hitting the stores already?

I mean really?  How many of you are buying a Christmas tree this weekend?  

On a different note, I went to bed with the furnace/ac off last night and the windows open.  I realized as I went to bed that I have not experienced autumn (my utmost favorite season of the year) since 2005!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the brisk mornings, the smell of the leaves and the crunching they make under my feet, the sunsets, the changing colors and the need to curl up with a blanket on the couch and cuddle up with a book...

2 comments:

Brian Williams said...

I love autumn also. It is my favorite time of year. I will admit that my perspective has shifted slightly since moving to 5 acres of hardwood trees!

Let us say that I'm good until the 1 billionth leaf. After that I start to get a little tired of autumn (until the next year).

Love the colors, love the anticipation of winter, love that it always brings football!

Also- Santa already? Pretty soon they will just leave the stuff on the shelves all year. Ridiculous...

Anyway- hope all is well with you. We are praying for your upcoming Kenya trip.

kris said...

Who are you kidding? You curl up with a blanket for every season.