Sunday, August 24, 2008

Seeking your opinion...

I politely offered to cancel my internet service tonight.  They wouldn't hear it over the phone of course.  I mentioned the long list of frustrations, most of which being that my internet hasn't worked properly since I installed it 2 weeks ago, after 5+ hours of being on hold because they were experiencing a "high call volume."  Tonight the guy gave me a $5 credit, which was a nice, yet insufficient, gesture.  

I am finished.  I need recommendations of another provider.  I don't need phone service, or cable, just internet, and I don't want to spend a lot of money.

So my local Cary/Raleigh/Durham readers...comment below, and let me know who has good service in the area.

4 comments:

D. L. Webster said...

If you're looking for high speed internet, it seems like you either have to have cable or a phone line. Through AT&T, I get the cheapest phone service available, which is like $7/month (/w taxes ~15), and the cheapest DSL package, which is I think now $20/month, so it ends up being ~$35/month total.

Gwenn Mangine said...

Was it Roadrunner?

We have a Road Runner lite. It's actually below lite-- $24/mo. and it definitely fast enough for us.

Is it something that Nick might be able to help you figure out?

Deena said...

No thoughts on the internet thing I just wanted to say hi. - Deena

patingamon said...

I'd return to using "steve" through the wall :)