Monday, August 11, 2008

My busy morning

5 am, the smoke alarm in my bedroom starts chirping.  I am annoyed.  I lay there about 10 minutes until I can't take it anymore.  I get up to look for 9V batteries to replace it, and I don't have one.  Of course.

I go to the guest bedroom, thinking if I close both doors, I won't hear it and will be able to fall asleep until my alarm at 7am.

A few minutes later, the smoke alarm in the guest bedroom starts chirping. I groan.  I close both doors, and go to the couch in the living room.  It's over.  The hallway starts.

NO JOKE!  3 batteries in 3 different smoke alarms all go out within half an hour of each other.

I wanted to curse.

So I whined a bit and walked to the grocery store at 6 AM, feeling defeated and longing for a good nights sleep.

The grocery store is empty at 6AM.  I go to buy my batteries, and yes I bought enough for each smoke detector plus a few, however I can't find someone to check out.  

In the meantime I am fully awake, so thanks to my 5 AM chirping smoke detectors, I balanced my checkbook,paid my bills, the laundry is folded and put away, I walked/jogged/ran 3 miles, got caught up on email and it is only 9 AM.  

2 comments:

Gwenn Mangine said...

That's the beauty of getting up early!

Although did you ever pause to think there might be smoke coming from somewhere???

Brian Williams said...

I need figure out you go back in time to post. Your article shows it was posted at 6:09 a.m. yet it is 9:00 a.m. in NC.

You and the Lord working out some make the sun go backwards thing?.... I know He did it once before.

Glad to see you made lemonade out of lemons.