This week was low key, which I appreciated. I did my best to not eat gluten, and some got in me anyhow. Did you know that curry powder has gluten in it? Neither did I. Neither did I. I did learn from a message board, that not all curry powder does, but the one that was in my cabinet, did, which means that awesome rice and bean dish I made earlier this week, had it in there too. Which explains the way I felt on Wednesday and Thursday this week. I am finally coming out of the fog.
There are perks to this illness:
1. I have to buy really good food!
2. I have to be more intentional about getting the good stuff in there.
3. I have an excuse to be picky about where I eat.
4. I have an excuse to spend time pouring over cookbooks (I never mentioned my love of cookbooks before I don't think, but really I am addicted!)
5. I get to try new recipes, and so far, most of them have been really good.
So, it isn't all that bad. Yeah, my grocery bill is insane, and I am learning a new way of life, but there are bonuses.