Saturday, July 12, 2008

Out of towners...

My brother and I pulled out the big guns for Mothers' day this year.  We purchased mom a plane ticket to North Carolina.  Yes, we know Mothers' day was months ago, but we thought it would be good if she came after I moved into my apartment.

Little did we know that Grandma would want to come too!

So the last three days I have been hostess and entertainer!  And yes I put them to work a little bit too, there are still things to be done in this apartment.  We jam packed Thursday, Friday and Today with the Farmers market, visit to work, trips to Lowe's, Target, grocery, flea market, Foster's Market, the German place next to Foster's Market, tons of card playing, and yes I snagged them into helping me hem and hang curtains!   I paid them for their work by making breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I am so happy to be back in my kitchen!

It has been a fun trip, and I must admit I am learning to treasure these times more and more.  Before leaving for Tanzania I didn't take advantage of time with family nearly enough, these days I recognize its value, and try to make the best of it.  We had some good laughs, some great conversations, and some down time (I know it is hard to believe, but we did.)

They head back to Indy tomorrow, then I have a few days to make final preparations for my trip to Haiti at the end of the week!  

Thanks mom and grandma for visiting!  Thanks Matt for helping to get them here!  I don't remember whose idea it was, but it was a good one!

No comments: