I have not taken the plunge on either of the topics I discussed in my last post.
I am in debate, and weighing the costs (financial, physical, etc.)
I mentioned a lot of reasons why I AM considering both in my previous post.
Reasons for not:
1. convenience. Let's face it, it is much easier to be a meat eater in this country.
2. relationships. I don't want to make it difficult on other people when I eat in their home. So in all honesty, if you had me over and served meat, I would eat it without complaint.
3. The gluten factor. If the testing I am going through on June 25 shows that I have Celiac's disease or a gluten allergy, then I will have to cut it out for good. Cutting out gluten is hard enough, I don't know if I can feasibly cut out both without losing my mind. If I have Celiac's disease I will have to cut out gluten and dairy...
4. There are random days, when I do want a hamburger.
5. Lazyness. Let's face it, it is much easier to watch tv when I a tired than it is to read a book.
6. Friends. I LOVE hosting. Friends and their kids. Without a TV, I am afraid my house will become not so visitor friendly. I am thinking though, with the cost of a TV, I could put that cash into some awesome toys and games and throw them in the closet. Who would have thought of playing?!?!
7. I don't want to be difficult. I don't want to make another persons life more complicated because of a decision I make about mine.
These last two, are really the biggest hurdles for me. Hosting and being hosted. I want others to want to come over, and I don't want to be "that guest" who stresses people out when they invite me over for dinner.
And. I said it before, I will say it again. These ideas are not because of moral convictions, ethics, or animal rights. They are mostly just be knowing myself, and trying to do what I feel might be best for me.