Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Plyo-what?

My oh my.

Words.

Cannot.

Describe.

How out of shape I am.

I live in the basement of a wonderful family. Keith and Patti have an incredible basement and are awesomely letting me crash in the guest room until I move into my apartment. "Basement" is really not what you should call it...but I digress.

In addition to my living area, there is a workout room, and Patti works out everyday and has told me I am free to use that room anytime or join her if I want. I say thanks and laugh on the inside knowing there is no way I could ever keep up with her. She is a machine!

Somehow it came up last night, and I succumbed to peer pressure and agreed to join her this morning.

Ouch.

Have you ever done plyometrics? I hung in there for 1 hour of the most intense, difficult workout of my life. And yes, I did feel like I would throw up at some point, and yes I fear I won't be able to walk tomorrow.

But, it was AWESOME! I couldn't do these sort of things in Tanzania so I have just continued to fall out of shape and become lethargic and lifeless...it was awesome to throw my drenched self in the shower to get ready for work...even though I did have to sit down a bit and let my body catch up with itself.

Possibly more boot camp with Patti tomorrow. We will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I'm so sorry to hear this too late. If I had known I would have warned you. Eric LOVES plyometrics. I like to call it pyrometrics as I fear the burn it would put me through. Needless to say I have avoided it thusfar due to my foreknowledge. Again, I apologize. Is ist save to say that you are feeling the burn today?
love you!!!! lisa

Anonymous said...

Dude,
I love plyometrics, due an hour once a week and I love it. The burn, the jumps, the strain nothing is better. Time heals all nausea please enjoy. I can send you my workout if you would like. The routine is pretty simple. Discipline for 30 sec then 15 sec recovery thewn again for 5 more sets. One minute recovery then all over again. 16 different discciplines repeated twice and man you feel good. If do not feel like I am going to puke it was not a good workout hehehehe
Eric