Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pleading Ignorant

I have to admit. In some cases I am overwhelmed by the responsibility of knowing, so I just don't do the research. It is easier to refuse blame, responsibility or guilt for something if you know very little about it.

I realized this earlier this week when I was having lunch with Eddie, Stephen and Don. We were all talking about current events, and some world events, and I realized that I know just a little big about some things, and I fail to be fully informed. I fail, because I have a world of knowledge at my fingertips everyday and I fail to take advantage of it.

I fail to learn more about politics.
I fail to learn more about both the major and the minor and conflicts around the world.
I fail to learn more about poverty.
I fail to learn more about freedom.
I fail to learn more. Period.

I decided this week to change that. I decided to take advantage of the fact that I was born in one of the wealthiest if not the wealthiest country in the world. It's time I start learning, and stop pleading ignorant. The debate now, is where to begin.

No comments: