Monday, May 12, 2008

On the gut...

I have had a "gut feeling" quite frequently lately.

It isn't pleasant. And I can't seem to get to the bottom of it.

I don't have worms. I don't have a parasite. I apparently don't have any organisms in my system.

I thought it was wheat. Stopped eating all things containing wheat. It helped. But the last three weeks that "gut feeling" has come by a little more frequently, and well it isn't a pleasant feeling to say the least.

So I am studying more and more about gluten intolerance, Celiac disease, Leaky Gut etc. And learning that gluten is in A LOT of stuff I didn't know about, which could be one explanation for my issues since I have been eating out a lot lately and at other peoples houses. It isn't as simple as just removing the bread and pasta, but gluten sneaks its way into a lot of preservatives, sauces, condiments etc.

Two weeks ago (1 week in) I decided it was time to proceed with finding a new Doctor. I called several. SEVERAL. Too many to count really. And, because I am in the USofA I need to go to a "new patient" appointment before I can see the doctor because of my "gut feeling." Cary has recently been noted as one of the best places to live, and apparently loads of new people are also needing "new patient" appointments because I can't get a "new patient" appointment until the end of July. Yes, go ahead, read that again, and yes, laugh with me.

So I have a new patient appointment currently scheduled for July 26th. And I will resume calling other physicians in the area this week and hopefully get something sooner. And I will also go very bland, basic, and boring with eating in hopes of not having that "gut feeling" quite as frequently as I have had it in the last few weeks.

If you don't mind, I would appreciate your prayers over my gut.

No comments: