And I thought I was telling the truth. Because usually I don't. In college I would stay up way too late at night worrying about ridiculous stuff. The last few years however, I realized that worrying never really helped, and sleep did, so I would give myself a pep talk and go to bed without a problem.
I am unable to pep-talk myself to sleep lately.
My brain is going 1,000 miles a minute and won't shut off.
The random thoughts going through my head:
- Wonder what life is like in Haiti.
- Wonder how Shane and Kara and their kiddos are in Kenya.
- Will I really be able to do what I am going to Crosspointe to do?
- What if, what if I fail miserably.
- What clothes do I want to wear the next week? (this would help in the packing that is taking place)
- Man, I am hungry, I am sure I have eaten enough today but some ice cream really sounds good right now.
- Wonder how Nadine is doing in Tanzania? And Anna in Hawaii. And Hannah in Wales. And Tanya in South Africa. Odd that a year ago we were all in church together in Arusha.
- Will all of my stuff fit in a Honda Pilot? I sure hope Jeremy's middle seat folds down.
- Should I take some melatonin?
- Worship this morning was awesome. It was nice to not feel so out of place.
- I am ready to work. I hope it is a smooth transition.
- Wonder if I should get a storage unit for the next couple of months.
- Sleepy. You are getting very sleepy. (said with an inner voice similar to that of a hypnotist.)
- Is it warm enough to pack away all those sweaters?
- I wish I could fall asleep. It would be nice for my eyes not to be burning tomorrow.
- What books might I read in the next 3 months?
- What color couch might I try to find?
- I can't wait to spend time with the folks at Durham Rescue Mission. How awesome it will be to build relationships with the homeless. Can't wait to love on them.
- I can't wait to get to Cary.
- It's a bummer mom won't be back until after I leave.
- My cousin is getting married in June in NC. Sweet! I get to see extended family! Wouldn't it be awesome if Dad and Kay could somehow see where I will be living and working when they fly up for the wedding!
- Thanksgiving. My bro and sis and nephew are coming! I am so excited.
- Being an aunt is going to be awesome. Can't wait to teach him what a camel says.
- Christmas. Going to Texas. Sweet times with the bro and sis and nephew again.
- Wonder when I can get there in 2009? (Texas)
- Do I have wooden spoons in my containers?
- Wonder if I packed my measuring cups.
- Wonder what snacks to pack for the road trip on Thursday.
- It's morning in Kenya. Wonder how life is there.
- Wonder how my old team in Tanzania is doing.
- How is Unga? Is ministry going strong?
- Quickbooks. now is the time to buy it and get it on the computer and start using it.
- Taxes. Next years will be more difficult.
- Organized. Must. Get. Organized.
- Do I need a TV? I think I want to intentionally not have one in my apartment. People will think I am nuts.
- Telephone. Should I change my cell phone to a NC number? Will verizon make me sign a new contract.
- PO Box. Should probably get one.
- YIKES! Need to forward my mail from CMF to Mom's so she can forward it to that PO Box that I think I might need to get.
- Didn't talk to Dad this weekend. Hope he is doing well.
- Man I am frustrated the capri's I wore just four months ago in Tanzania didn't fit this morning. Too many pot-lucks and meals out. Must be better to my body.
- It was awesome to wear a skirt and flip-flops today. Wonder if I can again tomorrow.
It goes on and on, and yes, it repeats like a broken record.
Off to try and sleep again.