Thursday, April 17, 2008

Week 1

Wow. My head is spinning!

I have had a few emails and a few comments about my lack of blogging...and you will soon know why!

The first week has been awesome. About this time last week I was getting sick of being in the car, almost delerious, and wondering if I would ever get here, and thankfully I did arrive, in one piece, when really my friend could have kicked me out of the car if he wanted because I was being so obnoxious!

The first weekend I hung out with my old friends and new boss. It was a blast!

My first sunday at Crosspointe was also awesome! I already feel at home here. I have met so many wonderful people, and have been warmly welcomed!

Sunday I move into the basement of the Galloway family. They rock, that's the best way I can put it!

Monday I start my first day of work, with my favorite pastime (insert sarcasm) a meeting...but...I have to say it was one of the best staff meetings I have ever attended. I am amazed at where God has placed me. People here genuinely like each other, they enjoy hanging out with each other, and love their jobs. It's awesome.

Monday afternoon I attempted to register the car. Yep. attempted. I was given a car that was repossessed and it is an awesome gift. When to register it, change the title and make it legal, however of course I didn't have all of the legal documents and I was sent on my way. Also in the process I learned that back in September the law changed and I do have to have a North Carolina Drivers license to register a vehicle...but I need an address for that, and well, I don't have one yet. So yep. I have been driving a car illegally, fully prepared with all of my paperwork and my long story, hoping that I don't encounter a police officer!

Tuesday through Thursday, more work, and I began and finished the apartment search. Finally walked into a place today that I knew could be home, begged for the longest lease possible (13 months) and signed a piece of paper and applied. It felt good.

Tomorrow...is my friday sabbath. I am looking forward to it.

Basically, my brain is been swimming in decisions to be made, which is precisely why I haven't blogged, cause when my brain is swimming I am too ADD to write a blog post that isn't a mile long.

ALL is good here in Cary.

No comments: