Thursday, April 17, 2008

Last minute thoughts.

I feel like I am in an incredibly odd place.

I never imagined I would work at a church.

Then again I never imagined a church like this.

This week I have been amazed by my new co-laborers.

They are real.

They are honest.

They don't hold back.

They serve.

And they do it well together.

I was working in my toxic (recently painted) office tonight as I listened to the worship band. I think I will have to work regularly on Thursday nights. It rocked. This morning I felt under qualified as I sat in a meeting about discipleship. I learned a lot and was shocked they wanted to hear my thoughts, and counted them worthy of being heard. I feel like a college freshman in a room full of greats, and well, I look forward to learning and growing with them. I know there will be days where I get frustrated with my team, and there will be days where one of them might make me cry, but I also feel like everything here has been set in place, for me to grow, enjoy God, be stretched and stretch others.

Yes. I do have a smile on my face today, it has been plastered there the entire week. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the crosspointe website. However, one key element is missing. Your name!
love, lisa