Saturday, March 29, 2008

Grandma's Computer

I have spent more than two hours updating grandma's PC. We are not finished yet, we have just scratched the surface.

The PC is frustrating me and as my brother called in the middle I told him that grandma needs a mac, a machine smart enough to do what needs to be done on its own. Unless of course the PC world is going to start up a free (cause lets face it, what senior citizen has loads of cash to burn) service where they stop by regularly and check up on her system. They should run the updates for her, they should update her Norton Software (which honestly has even given me a headache) and make sure her email functions properly, cause sadly, all of her grandchildren have given up the practice of writing handwritten notes, and instead insist that grandma get email.

I think I am going to start writing grandma handwritten notes. I think I also better get back to updating her computer.

Did I mention my grandma is the coolest? Cause really she is, she tries so hard to keep up with her kids and grandkids, that she is willing to put up with the headaches caused by our technology.

No comments: