Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day of Rest...in pictures

It started with a new tea flavor, that apparently came out in the last two years while I was in Tanzania, and can I say it is GOOOOOD! Smells like blueberry muffins. I am hooked.


Then I started the plan of curling up with a book and a blanket and started with this one by Thelma Hall:

Which led to some much needed journaling. A little fact about me is that I try to be a journal-er, however the blog has often replaced my time of putting pen to paper, but not today, and the blog can't ever take the place of my love of pretty bound books with nothing yet written in them...

And then more reading. What an awesome thing it is to be reminded of why I live by C.J. Mahaney:
And continued reading Mudhouse sabbath. I actually started this one while on my flight to North Carolina this past weekend, and I am hooked. Finding a chapter a day is enough to keep me thinking of how I prioritize my life.

And of course, a sabbath wouldn't be complete without some of the Word. 1 John 4:7-11 was where I hung out today. It challenged me to love others more like God does instead of how I think they might want to be loved.
Which led to more of this:


And the sun was out, and I got ambitious and decided to go for that fateful run I have been putting off. My first run in two years. I knew it would be a challenge, but the burning in my throat and lungs came way sooner than I thought it should have. It felt good but terrible at the same time. I then read Jonathan Bow's blog about rhythm and was encouraged. I just need to get back in the rhythm of running. Today was a good start.


My plans for tonight are to start this book, recommended by Adrianne, with a warning that I won't be able to put it down. It might be a late night, but that's ok, because tomorrow is Day of Rest #2. It doesn't really matter what time it starts!

No comments: