Monday, March 17, 2008

Creativity.

I sat in a circle today with a group of people and freely wept. I wept as I shared my stories and wept as I listened to theirs and I came to the conclusion that the enemy is creative.

I don't think I have ever spoken so boldly on spiritual warfare before, but I do believe what the bible stays about the weapons of our warfare not being carnal....it hints that there is more out there than the physical realm we are so ready to embrace. It stands to reason to me that as we are out sharing the hope of Salvation with people who don't know Christ, that the enemy who wants them to be trapped in their lostness, or overpowered by the lies He speaks to them would do whatever he can think of to stop us from sharing. That is by far one of the longest and most confusing run-on sentences I have ever written in my life. But I digress.

Today, I listened. And I heard so many stories of so many ways peoples' lives were challenged, their hearts were broken, everyone has faced some hardship (many people more than one) on the mission field, which I know to be true for just about every missionary I know. And really, there were some threads, team difficulties, sickness etc., but there were some very creative things too.

It has me thinking. And realizing that as the weapons aren't carnal, I really need to be doing a better job praying, getting other people to pray and also do a better job of walking along side people working in ministry. They need an army to stand up to the lies, the schemes, and the tricks that are placed before them.

1 comment:

woosterweester said...

I love being on the same team! That last statement made me want to vote for you as president, or at least pres. of spiritual warfare or somethin'...