Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Clarification...

My previous blog post caused some confusion.

The two new views...the Statue of Liberty, I had never seen it before today, and although today I just saw it from the air, as my flight landed it was pretty cool to see. Today was my first time ever to be in NY, although I never left the airport. I might like to go back one day, even though my first experience was a little rough.

The second new view was the cancelled flight. It is often many of our worst fears, walking up to the display and seeing "delayed" or "cancelled." on the screen...and today I saw those words boldly written in red and yes I cried.

I cried because I was exhausted, and because the lady at the counter was quite rude, and because I was exhausted, and because this afternoon I was to go to a cabin all by myself and get away from it all. I was going to sleep, read, journal, pray, and really just try to put my mind around the fact that 8 weeks ago I thought I would still be in Africa at this time and now, now I am here, and wow that is a big leap for the brain and even bigger for the heart. Having gone non-stop since I landed has prevented me from processing it all, and it is catching up with me. I was thrilled and holding on until today to get away.

But I didn't get to get away. I did manage to get to Indianapolis, and am over the fact that this week I won't be retreating in a cabin, but I've realized that just because I don't have a cabin in the woods doesn't mean I can't still retreat, so I have big plans for tomorrow and the next day. They involve books, journals, fires in the fireplace, tea and pajamas. I will of course let you know how it goes!

No comments: