I get whiny. Yep. I am a strong, independent and stubborn girl...until I get sick...then I am all whines and want my mommy...and if she isn't available to take care of me someone needs to be near by!
Rumor has it, this "cold" that has taken over my body, resembles a cold/flu that has swept the nation and left some people down for a solid week...A WEEK! I don't have a week. I am speaking somewhere or have a meal or some type of support related presentation every night between now and sunday...and I really don't want to fly home feeling like this on wednesday. I have flown congested before and it was MISERABLE!
But. no more whining. I am taking back my Joy, and here are a few things I am Joyful about:
1. getting to share with a large group this evening all that God has done in the last 2 years in Tanzania.
2. Getting to pray with an amazing godly woman tonight whose husband is going to have a life threatening operation tomorrow.
3. peppermint fluffer and wrestling with Brett over the final pieces. I like having little brothers in any town I visit.
4. I pet a horse today. that is pretty cool since they scare me.
5. I am breathing. Yes I am thankful for the pain in my chest cause that means I am breathing.
6. Warm socks. I am thankful for warm socks I got for my birthday.
7. Emails from friends in Tanzania. I love hearing from old friends.
8. I am going to be an aunt.
9. Warm beds. Even with all the places I have gone, I have had a warm bed to fall into, and for that I am thankful.
10. Jesus...he knows my every need, and fills them.
11. This may sound cheesy, but I say with all of my heart, I am so thankful for a God who loves me, even when I am whiny and a God who would go to all lengths to save me from hell. I am thankful for that.