Friday, February 01, 2008

Today a letter is being mailed....

Many of you already know of the details of the following letter, but there are many blog readers who don't receive my newsletter or that I have been able to talk to personally. Please pray with me as I continue in this transition.


Pam McKerring
Missionary to Tanzania
January 22, 2008

Dear

Over the last 2 years, God has moved us (you and me) to a foreign land, taught us a new culture, language and way of life. He has led us to a ministry location and before we could believe it imaginable He helped us to start a new ministry among the urban poor. I am excited about what God has done and where He is leading. I have grown to love this community and this place that, although has been difficult at times, has become my home. I have also been part of a wonderful team of co-laborers in the Gospel.

About 4 months ago I began sensing God leading me back to work with the poor in the USA. Honestly, my heart grieved the idea. I was torn for many reasons, but mostly because it meant letting go of what I thought my future would be. As I continued to seek and pray I realized that with the grace of God and His mighty power, we had accomplished what we set out to do.

I am writing today to share the news of my resignation of ministry with CMF International. The Community Health Evangelism program in Arusha is capable of moving forward under Lorivi, an amazing God-fearing, Tanzanian man. Lorivi works with the CMF missionaries, is fully trained and has such gifting to carry on the teaching of the CHE lessons. In fact, because he is Tanzanian, grew up speaking Swahili and has full awareness of the culture, he will be very effective in teaching the men and women in Unga who want to transform their community.

In my final weeks in Arusha, I will be sharing time with my teammates, and spending time with the many men and women who have changed my life, and will also assist in the transition of the Urban CHE ministry. Upon my return to the States in February, I will begin a three-month time of transition, that with your continued support, will allow me the time to report back to all churches and supporters the amazing things God has done in the last two years.

For the immediate future, my contact information will be:
5810 Boy Scout Road
Indianapolis, IN 46226
317-519-7481

I would appreciate your prayers as I pursue possibilities for this next step.

It is a joy serving with you,


Pamela McKerring

No comments: