Thursday, February 07, 2008

A little bit of embarrassment for you!

So I made a quick trip to the store on my way home from dinner with my mom tonight. I go in, get my stuff and come out to the parking lot. I open the car door, get in, place bags on the seat next to me, put the key in the ignition and try and turn the key. It wouldn't turn. I thought about it for a minute, wiggled the key, tried again and still it wouldn't turn. "Why?" you might ask?

Because it wasn't my mom's car!

Nope. It was someone else's car, parked in the parking spot next to where I had parked my mom's car, and yes, it was a different make, model and color (although it was dark outside). The car resembled nothing like my mothers.

I felt rather stupid, but then felt a little more embarrassed when I noticed there was a person sitting in the car in the spot in front of me, watching me as I got out, closed the car door, and walk to the next car and get in.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is hysterical! At first I thought you were going to say there was a person sitting in THE CAR... yikes! Thanks for the laugh.

lisa said...

Classic! I love it!

Personally, I have constant confusion over which side to climb into a car. Having driven on the left in Kenya, on the right in Europe and the US, but not the UK, and then on the left again here, with a few trips back and forth and between. So I jumped into my car after an errand and found myself holding they keys and ready to start her up as I stared at the glove box (and felt a little sheepish.)

ftoner said...

Okay, I'm just catching up on your blog and so I just read this. I am seriously dying laughing right now. I thought I might wet my pants.