Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lazy blogger

First, I direct you to the blogpost of Shaun Groves called Home wrecked. He has some good insight, and well just magnify it with the idea of living 2 years in East Africa and you will know how I am doing :)

Honestly I am doing well. I am tired, but who wouldn't be when you take a look at my life the last 2 months. Then my friend Lisa pointed out a few other things yesterday. She kindly pointed out that I have been moving since I moved to Oregon for a 6 month internship in June 2005. 2 and a half years folks. 2 and a half years of moving.

Which of course makes it easy to understand that right now the biggest craving in my being has nothing to do with food...I crave home. I crave a place that is permanent, and desire with my entire being to put away the suitcase, and long fully to be a part of a community where I can invest without having the "I'm here temporarily" idea filling the back of my mind. I am so ready to engage in a church, to be a part of a community of people who love God and love each other, to serve and to walk along side people without trying to remember what time my flight takes off next week...or tomorrow.

That being said, read Shaun's post, and pray.

My current difficulties (aside from craving "home"):
1. I have a nasty cold, which finds me spending a lot of time in bed between sharing with small groups!
2. I still have a hard time making decisions...the simple ones seem the most difficult...(what kind of soda do I want???)
3. I am still not sure who "I am" as I try and live in America. I know who I am, I just don't know how to be that here.

No comments: