Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Amsterdam again...

So today (or yesterday depending on how you choose to look at things) was the big day.

I realized as I sat down to one last dinner in Tanzania that I my language will be changing. We talked about funny english words we all use because of all of the British influence, like "Lovely", "loo" or "toilet," and so many more that I can't think of right now...I have been up for nearly 24 hours, aside from a 20 minute nap on the 11 and 1/2 hour flight from Arusha to Amsterdam...

But there is more change going on here. I realized as I sat waiting for dinner, that I am again a resident of the United States of America. I live there now. And that, that seems very strange. My passport may (and I sincerely hope not) get put in a drawer and not get used for several months... My life, will be in America. It is such a weird thought. My job, whenever I get one and wherever it is, will be in America. My residence, is the USA.

Don't get me wrong, the USA is not a bad place, and I rather like the freedom I have in living there, but it still seems so strange and difficult to fathom to me.

So here I come USA. I sure hope you are ready, cause I am not sure I am.

No comments: