Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trust

My word for 2008 is trust. Towards the end of 2007 I was praying about what the word might be, and I had two come to mind. Trust or Truth. Of course they are closely related, but they are very different.

As I thought about it, Trust would be the more difficult word to focus on, it would challenge me at my core, and it would stretch me. I recognize that sometimes my lack of trust in other people, and my lack of trust in God (yes I struggle with that now and then...SHOCK!) prevents me from going where I want to go in relationships, it also prevents me from pursuing dreams, and from not dreaming big dreams in the first place. The lack of trust has the ability to affect me in every area of my life.

So I chose Trust. And I will dissect it, listen, act, learn and grow with this word for the next year. And man, God must really want me to learn a lot this year about trust. It is only Jan. 10, and each day of the year so far has had some intense moments of trust, of waiting, of slight moments of freaking out followed with the reminders that God has everything under control.

Trust. It's hard. And one of the things I am finding out is so difficult for me when it comes to trusting is that it involves me relinquishing control.

No comments: