Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Halfway point

Welcome to Amsterdam! I checked in for my flight to Tanzania about 13 hours ago. I am about halfway back to Tanzania, and yes, I am still smiling. The smile is for many reasons...

1. Ella and Louis are belting out "the nearness of you" on the ipod.
2. I am not on a plane (currently) and that is a good thing.
3. I am certain my destination will be warmer than any place I have been in the last 5 weeks.
4. I am looking forward to seeing all of my friends in Tanzania.
5. I have been allowed to live my dream for the last 2 years.
6. I had some awesome and encouraging emails in my inbox. Man God has given me great friends!
7. Jesus loved me.
8. Jesus loves me.
9. Jesus will always love me.
10. My favorite pillow is on my bed in Arusha waiting for me.


There are many others...but give a girl a break, its hard to make them flow into type when you have been awake almost 24 hours.

Next stop Kilimanjaro International Airport, then a 1 hour bus ride to Arusha, then a 15 minute car ride to my fourth floor apartment, with a very small walk to my bed.

1 comment:

g9ine said...

Sing it Ella