Sunday, January 13, 2008

broken

The more I go out, the more I realize I have changed.

I feel a little broken.

I find it very difficult to make decisions. I find it incredibly difficult to focus on one thing for an extended period of time. My culture hasn't changed much, but I have, and I can't quite remember how to function here. Don't get me wrong, I like the freedom, but I am still not quite sure what do to with it. I don't know how to behave in public, I don't know how to live in a house that doesn't have bars on the windows and a 10 foot cement wall around it.

I can't even buy fabric softener without freaking out.

Will I ever be fixed? I don't necessarily want to be who I was when I left America 2 years ago, but I do want to know how to do things in this country, without it taking so much thought and effort.

No comments: