Tuesday, November 06, 2007

She's a workin' gal.

I was re-reading through the blog posts about the car accident, police, court etc. earlier this evening and it is amazing to me that it was over 2 months ago. Really. Shocking. 11 weeks ago I was going through what I thought was the trial of a lifetime...it is nice to look back and see that I survived, that although I got beat up (figuratively not literally) it is nice to know that I am again standing on my feet, and again I am walking through Unga (read about the latest in Unga here) and that I am back doing what I love to do.

As for life...it goes on. Kinda reminds me of the theme song of a tv show I watched as a little girl, although I haven't a clue what the show was at the moment...and life going on has been good. I have gradually over the last few weeks stepped back into ministry, and although it was rough I heeded the suggestion and encouragement of many to go slow. This week, I am back full time, and it is incredible. Now I feel like I have finally conquered the battle. It no longer places restrictions on me, the incidents surrounding the accident are no longer keeping me from what I love, they are no longer placing boundaries on my heart and on my life. I feel a new freedom, and my love of this place has returned. I love the people, the culture and the ministry that I get to share in, and it is good to be back in the saddle. Yeah, I still have fears, and I still get to (as in I like it and it is good for me) see a counselor as we continue to wrestle through everything that came up with the accident, and yes, things do frustrate me, like the guy I saw pulling a girl into the classroom today by her ear, yelling at her because she was late, but it is still a lovely place, a place that has found space in my heart.

No comments: