Sunday, November 25, 2007

Laziness and the 4th floor apartment

My pantry is empty. It is empty because I live on the fourth floor and refuse to buy a weeks worth of groceries because it will mean multiple trips up the stairs.

So instead I go to the market every 2-3 days to get what I think I will want to eat for the next 2-3 days. The problem is, last week was a very busy week, so I didn't make it to the market.

An inventory of my pantry and frige:
2 bananas
1 orange (its nearly rotten it should be in the trash)
too many condiments
juice
milk (its probably spoiled too, I never drink it fast enough)
teas in an assortment of flavors
a package of rice cakes
rice noodles
sweetened condensed milk
cocoa
spaghetti noodles
various seasoning packets
3 carrots
a flat of eggs
2 granny smith apples
a can of tuna

So I have determined I need to either 1. become less lazy, or 2. plan better for busy weeks. Partly because I am hungry, and partly because I love to cook and my creativity is being stifled by the current state of my pantry.

69 steps. It's only 69 steps. Surely I can manage.

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

If you had some bacon and parmesano cheese you could use those eggs and spaghetti noodles to make Pasta a'la Carbonara!

g9ine said...

You have more food in your "barren" pantry than I have in my house. You're living large