Friday, November 09, 2007

Dreams

I had a strange dream in Dar. It wasn't a horror story, it wasn't a dream where I woke up startled, but I did wake up with a stirring within me. So much so that I went to the front porch and told Byron and Lisa about it, saying I don't know if it means anything but man, its got me thinking.

I had the dream again last night.

It is a rather simple dream really. I can't say what town I was in, but I knew that I was in a city in the USA. The dream itself was black and white, and I was cold, but my heart was very much alive. I was walking up and down the streets and the alleys of the city I was in and talking to people. Eventually I came upon this homeless man. He was sitting on the stoop and well, I sat down and we chatted, and my heart, exploded with compassion, and mercy, and well, was at peace as well.

I don't know why but I noticed he was older than my dad but not old enough to be my grandpa, and I also noticed he was white. I am not sure why that was important, but it stood out to me. I sat with him for hours. We talked about his family, his hopes, how he ended up there and what he thought would cause change in his life.

So like I said, the dream itself wasn't scary. In fact, it was quite the opposite. It was comfortable, it was familiar, I was at home. That was the disturbing part.

I don't usually put a lot of stock in dreams, I don't usually mention them really, but having this dream twice, in as many months, and the odd peace that I felt in the dream has me unsettled. In fact, I felt more at peace in that dream, walking the alleys and helping that homeless man than I have felt in ages.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

I take stock in my dreams. I think God talks to us through them, still. Maybe not every single willy-nilly one, but, I don't know. I ask Him to, sometimes. I'm glad you got to talk to Byron and Lisa about this one.

Did you have that dream in Dar when I shared a bedroom with you?