Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Confession of a conversion

Well folks, it took 20 months, but I held out as long as I could. I mean really, it is one of the main crops in East Africa. I have to confess, that I woke up this morning, craving coffee! AGH!

I have been an avid coffee avoider. I like the smell but have always run from opportunities to try a friends Latte or Cappuccino or mocha...no matter how much sugar was in them, if they put even an ounce of coffee in those posh beverages I could taste it and how I dislike(d) that taste.

I don't know how it occurred, but my taste buds apparently have changed. I had a meeting yesterday with Annelle. She gets the latte and I get a hot chocolate, but yesterday I was looking at the menu for tea options instead when I noticed the chococcino. Typically at this juncture the chocolate would peak interest for about 2 seconds until I noticed the expresso...but oddly, I said to Annelle, "it sounds good, I kinda want to try it." She was just as shocked as we all are really.

So I tried it. I liked it. I wanted one this morning.

Don't worry though, I am still the same girl, not everything has changed, I still don't care for tomatoes and I don't do fruit in my yogurt.

5 comments:

Jael said...

WElcome to the coffee world!

Nate and Amanda said...

Pretty soon it will be espresso con panna or other hardcore variations.

Nate and Amanda said...

Pretty soon it will be espresso and other hardcore variations. You have no idea the door that you have opened...

woosterweester said...

You make me wanna grab a pumpkin spice latte right now!

Jenelle said...

come to pasadena and this barista will serve you some uber good coffee stuff.

you'll soon be doing the doppio espresso con panna, yes. I agree with nate and amanda.