Sunday, September 02, 2007

Returning to Normalcy

Not really much to report at this point, but I know a lot of you are wanting to know what is new and how things are going. Since friday I have been super busy, too busy to really think about or process the last week, which brought relief, but also didn't help with the exhaustion. Friday night I hung out with the Carter family, saturday we had the youth from church over during the afternoon and saturday night I went to a birthday party.

Today, I took the day off. Kendra and I both came home from the birthday party this morning as it has become unsafe to drive at night again in Arusha. We came home in our pajamas, and took a sabbath. I was almost successful in not doing any work at all during the day, but did sit down and write the e-newsletter I have been putting off. When I take days like this I wonder why I don't take them more often.

So those are the facts for the weekend. The heart of the matter, is that it is still sore, but I am doing better with each day. Right now the emotions range from extreme anger at the system and the men who were taking advantage of their job-given authority to extreme pity for the Tanzanians who have to put up with this on a daily basis.

Physically, I am good, and I will be really good when I stop carrying stress and emotion in my back, neck and shoulders!

Thanks for praying. I hope to get more back to normal this week and get back into Unga and back into my routine. I want normal again.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Hi Sweetie,

I'm glad your day off was good. It was really nice to see you Saturday but even better to know you were resting today. Looking forward to tea tomorrow. I hope your sleep is peaceful and that your shoulders relax a little in the night. If not, we'll set Jenelle up to rub your shoulders, neck and back again!

Goodnight!