Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Healing and Comforting Words

These are the passages of Scripture that have spoken to me over the last week, and I know some might consider it heresy, but below I put in italics what I felt God was saying to me through them. I believe He does speak to His children and I do believe that His Word can do wonders to restore a soul, I believe because His Word is doing wonders in mine. An insight per say...to this healing process...

1 Peter 5:6-10
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplishes by your brethren who are in the world. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Pam, God's hand is mighty, and God cares for you, so place yourself and all of your anxieties in His hand. Know that the devil would like to devour you, but resist him because of who you know God is, know that other people are suffering as well and as you suffer a little while, know the God of all grace who calls you His own will perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.


Isaiah 58:11-12

And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a well watered garden, and like a spring whose waters do not fail. Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; You will rise up the age old foundations; and you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell.

Pam, this verse is part the passage I used to call you here, don't miss it, the Lord will continually guide you, He will satisfy your desires in the sun scorched land and will give strength to you bones. You will be like a well watered garden, and like a spring whose waters do not fail. When you are strengthened, and you become like that refreshing well watered Garden those from around you will rebuild that ancient ruins, your ruins, you will rise up the age old foundations that Christ has set within you, and you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell.


Isaiah 59:20-21

A Redeemer will come to Zion, and to those who turn from transgression in Jacob, declares the Lord. "As for Me, this is My covenant with then," says the Lord, "My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring's offspring," says the Lord, "from now and forever."

Pam, Your redeemer is coming, turn from sin and this will be my covenant with you, My Spirit, the Counselor, which is upon you and the words I have put in your mouth shall not depart from you, nor your children or your grandchildren, forever.


Isaiah 60:1-3

"Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth, and deep darkness the peoples; But the Lord will rise upon you and His glory will appear upon you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

Get up! Be Radiant! Your light has come and the glory of God has become a part of you. Know this, darkness will cover the earth, and deep darkness the people, but the Lord, he will fill you and His glory will appear upon you. Nations will come to the light of Jesus in you, and their leaders to the glory of Christ in you.



Isaiah 40:1-2

"Comfort, O comfort My people," says your God. "Speak kindly to Jerusalem; and call out to her, that her warfare has ended, that her iniquity has been removed, that she has received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins."

Pam, be comforted, again be comforted, I am calling out to you, your battle has ended, your sin removed, and the Lord, he will give you double for all of your sin.


Isaiah 40:10-11

"Behold, the Lord God will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him and His recompense before Him. Like a Shepherd He will tend His flock, in His arm he will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.

Pam, God has a mighty arm, it rules and has great might, but like a shepherd, he tends his flock, the flock that you are a part of and he will gather his lambs near to his heart, he gathers you near to his heart and he gently leads you.


Isaiah 40:29-31

He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

Pam, when you are weary, God gives strength to you, when you are weak he gives you power. Though you grow weary and tired, and though men fail, if you wait upon the Lord you will gain a new strength, you will mount up with wings like eagles, you will run and not grow tired, you will walk and not become weary.


Isaiah 35:3-10

Encourage the exhausted, and strengthen the feeble. Say to those with anxious heart, "take courage, fear not. Behold your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, But He will save you." Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. Then the lame will leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute will shout for joy. For waters will break forth in the wilderness and streams in the Ara bah. The scorched land will become a pool and the thirsty ground springs of water; in the haunt of the jackals, its resting place, grass becomes reeds and rushes. A highway will be there, a roadway, and it will be called the highway of holiness. The unclean will not travel on it, but it will be for him who walks that way, and fools will not wander on it. No lion will be there, Nor will any vicious beast go up on it; these will not be found there. But the redeemed will walk there, and the ransomed of the Lord will return and come with joyful shouting to Zion, with everlasting joy upon their heads. They will find gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Be encouraged, be strengthened. Take courage and do not fear. Your God will come with a vengeance, He will save you. The eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf will hear. The lame with jump and the tongue of the mute will shout with praise. The land will be made new, and there will be a new road, the road of holiness, as you travel on it, you will be safe, secure, no vicious beasts or lions will be found there. You will walk that road with joyful shouting, with everlasting joy. You will find gladness and joy, sorrow and sighing will be gone.


Psalm 84

How lovely are your dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the Lord; My heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. The bird also has found a house and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even your altars, O Lord of hosts, My King and my God. How blessed are those who dwell in Your house! They are ever praising you. How blessed is the man whose strength is in You. In whose heart are the highways to Zion! Passing through the valley of Ba ca they make it a spring; the early rain also covers it with blessings. They go from strength to strength. Everyone of them appears before God in Zion. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer; Give ear, O God of Jacob! Behold our shield, O God, and look upon the face of Your anointed. For a day in Your courts is better than thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You.

How beautiful it is to dwell with the God most High. My soul has longed, yearned for you my Lord. My heart and my flesh were crushed in my seeking of you, but I will sing for joy to the living God who is good. Even the birds have found rest in you. I am blessed as I dwell in your presence as I focus my eyes upon eternity. As I pass through the valley of weeping, you make it a a valley of hope, where I can go from strength to strength. Lord you are my shield, I am your child, and I know a day with you is far better than any other thing. How blessed am I as I trust in you.


Psalm 73:23-28
Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.

Lord, I know you are always near, even when I can't see you, you are holding my hand and you guide me with your counsel. Who do I have that is mightier and lovelier than you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God you are my strength and portion forever. The nearness of you is my good, I have made you my refuge, that I can tell everyone of all that you do.

Jeremiah 31:3-4
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying; "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with an everlasting love; I have drawn your with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt O virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.

Pam, I have drawn you with everlasting love and kindness, I will restore you, and you will be renewed. Once again you will dance and rejoice with the joyful.



Lamentations 3:22-26

Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail, they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness, I say to myself, "the Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him, it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.


Pam, because of my great love for you, you will not be consumed by this, my compassions do not fail, they are new every morning, my faithfulness is great. Allow me to be your portion, wait for me. I, the Lord, am good to those whose hope is in me, to the one who seeks me, it is good to wait upon me.


Isaiah 62:1-4
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blowing torch. The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow. You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her), and your land Beulah (married) for the Lord will take delight in you, and your land will be married.


I will not be silent, I will not be quiet until your righteousness shines out like the dawn, your salvation like a blowing torch. The nations will see your righteousness and the kings your glory. You will be called by a new name that the Lord will give you, you will be a crown of splendor in His hand, a royal diadem. You will no longer be deserted or desolate, but you will be my delight.

No comments: