Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Grace

Yesterday left me frustrated, mostly with myself. And this started a long evening of "beating myself up" as I feel like I am to blame for the costly repairs required to my vehicle. Yes, I check the oil regularly, and yes, I stopped immediately when the oil light came on, but that doesn't matter, it is my car, and it is my responsibility, and not only was there a mistake, but it was an expensive one! I don't like making mistakes, not one bit, but I really hate making ones that are expensive.

So this led to an evening of me fighting more arrows. Why do I do this to myself? Regardless, this morning I woke up singing and realized that I am pretty good at giving grace to others, but I really stink at giving it to myself. This isn't a boast really, cause I can be quite the grudge holder and some days you should just change my name and call me Mara.

That all being said, I am challanged, to pursue grace, to put on the armor, and to not only extend grace and mercy to others but to invite myself to be a part of it.

2 comments:

woosterweester said...

Thanks for so eloquently putting into words so many of our thoughts and feelings. You're the real deal!

Jael said...

Yeah I'll say... hang in there! life is a learning process, thinking of you and praying too!