Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I wake up singing...

And I am learning, that the songs of my mornings, are not necessarily coincidence. I love music, and it often transforms my mood, my spirit, my being. I am also learning that often, the songs are not songs that state where my heart is exactly, but rather an expression of where I long for it to be, of where I need it to be. Todays song was no exception.

Take My Life: Chris Tomlin's Version
Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceasless praise.
Take my hands and let them move, at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for thee.

Take my voice and let me sing, always only for my king.
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from thee.
Take my silver and my gold not a might would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use every power as you choose.

Chorus:
Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for thee.

Take my will and make it thine it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own; it shall be they royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord I pour at your feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be ever, only all for thee,
Take myself and I will be ever only all for thee.

This song entirely reflects where I have been striving to be lately, but I have worked so hard at it and I get so frustrated because yet again this morning I realize I am so far from there. I can't even get passed the first line. There are too many "I's" in that sentence.

Consecrated: to devote irrevocably to the worship of God by a solemn ceremony. To make or declare sacred. to devote to a purpose with or as if with deep solemnity or dedication.

I try. I try so hard to make my life all about Jesus. I realize the rest of this song, is a reflection of living out consecration, but I still fail so miserably. There are the things in this world, things on this earth that catch my attention, that take my glance from Christ. Simple things really. My health. My desire to have a successful ministry. My desire to receive praise for successful ministry. My desire to be adored for who I am. These are not necessarily bad things to desire, but I am looking for them in all the wrong places. And I am desiring them for myself, and forgetting that everything I do, is meant to reflect and glorify the love of Christ, it is meant to give Him praise and adoration. I long to devote my life fully to Him, but I am learning that each passing moment represents a moment where I must surrender, and allow Him to lead me into that place of consecration, I can't do it on my own. Thats the song for the day.

1 comment:

g9ine said...

I think you have a typo in the last paragraph. :-)