Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A child and a rooster.

It is normal for me to hear animals of all sorts because my house sits in the middle of a village. On any given day you can hear the goats, the cows, the chickens and the roosters. I am so used to it I most often don't hear them anymore.

This afternoon I was in my bathroom trying to pull the crazy curls out of my face and I heard a rooster crow. It was 4pm. A second later, a small child repeated the roosters crow. Then the rooster, then the child. The rooster. The child. It went on for at least 2 or 3 minutes. It was hysterical! It was like they were having an intense conversation. I literally started laughing, from my gut, as I imagined the child and the rooster yelling back and forth competing to see who could make the loudest sound.

One of the joys of living in Africa. You get new things to laugh at.

No comments: