Friday, May 04, 2007

DYN-A-MITE!

Yes. It was a dynamite evening around here...a napoleon dynamite evening that is! Sometimes life in Arusha can get a little boring, and we have to get a little creative to spice it up a bit. So, we had a Napoleon Dynomite Party/Surprise Birthday party for Katie.

Preparations started around noon, as everything has to be made from scratch. A Reese's Peanut butter cake for Katie...and it was GOOD! I got lucky as it was a new recipe for me and it turned out good the first time! Made a pot of Chili, some tortilla chips and quesadillas as well!

Of course, everyone was required to dress the part in the best 80's gear they could find, girls put on way too much make-up and there were shades of blue/purple eyeshadow that I didn't even know existed! Side ponytails, rolled up pants, cut off sweatshirts... all were present as were the big earrings and bangel bracelets! What a riot!

Tons of fun, tons of laughs, all in all a pretty good night. Except I realized I couldn't find my camera and I haven't seen it since I moved in, which leads me to believe that I must have a box or a bag somewhere that still needs unpacking...ugh.

Someone else did take some pictures...i will have to post them at a later date!

No comments: