Friday, May 11, 2007

A chiller.

As I write this, I am wearing fleece pants (thanks dad), fleece shirt, fuzzy socks, slippers, and except when typing I have my hands wrapped around a cup of hot water (the brittish have had an effect) which conveniently also steams up to warm my cold nose. I am FREEZING! I thought I would take a pic and post it for you, but I can't for obvious reasons. Thankfully a new camera should arrive with a team at the end of the month. I digress...

So I was curious, how cold is it really, so I went to the kitchen to check my little window thermometer. Drum roll... it stated the current temperature is 16.7 degrees...Celsius! (about 62 degrees Fahrenheit!) Yikes. Apparently I have acclimated in more than one way!

Which leads to concern. When I return for a short furlough in September 2008, I am going to freeze! How in the world will I endure Indiana, Michigan or Oregon if I can't endure a day that is 62 degrees in Tanzania! Don't worry I haven't forgotten about those of you in North Carolina or Florida (I just figure I can handle your weather!)

No comments: